1. RECOGNIZE YOUR CONDITION.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
- No one is good enough to go to heaven on his own merit. No matter how much good we do, we still fall short.
2. REALIZE THE PENALTY FOR SIN.
- “For the wages of sin is death…” (Romans 6:23a)
- Just as there are wages for good, there is punishment for wrong. The penalty for our sin is eternal death in a place called Hell.
3. BELIEVE CHRIST DIED FOR YOU.
- “But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- Christ’s great love for us was shown when He died on the cross to pay our sin and debt.
4. TRUST CHRIST ALONE AS YOUR SAVIOR.
- “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23b)
- Everlasting life is a gift purchased by the blood of Jesus and offered freely to those who call upon Him by faith.
5. CLAIM GOD'S PROMISE FOR SALVATION.
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
- Now pray, confess that you are a sinner, ask God to save you, and receive Christ as your savior.